2kg leg of ham
½ fresh pineapple cut in half and thinly sliced
2 tbl seeded mustard
1 tbl dijon
½ cup brown sugar
1 tbl honey
5 garlic cloves crushed
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup water
1. Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees C fan forced. In a small saucepan add all ingredients except the cloves and pineapple and bring to a boil.
2. Remove the rind from the outside of the ham, however try to keep most of the fat left on. Score the remaining fat.
3. Place ham in a large baking tray. Once the glaze has come to a boil, brush 1/4 of it onto your ham.
4. Place your pineapple slices on the outside of your ham keeping them in place by pinning them on with the cloves until the ham is fully covered in pineapple.
5. Once the ham is fully covered, brush another ¼ of the glaze on the outside of the ham.
6. Place the ham in the oven and bake until golden, this will take about an hour. Brush the remaining glaze on the ham every 20 minutes or so. Keep an eye on it as the pineapple can burn if left too long.